Are you a Samsung Galaxy Gio S 5560 user and looking for new features and enhancement available for your device? We have the solution, because now you can upgrade your phone latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware, the following tutorial includes step by step procedure and instructions on how to install Gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware to your phone.
Below given are some of the additional features which are included in Gingerbread 2.3.3 but not available on stock Froyo version.
- The new on screen key pad in gingerbread 2.3.3 provides faster input and word prediction, allows easy copy- paste procedure.
- Better task management and efficient handling of applications running in background, this enhancement increases the battery life and provides back up for maximum usage.
- Easy access for internet browsing, application downloads and superior Wi-Fi access.
- The firmware also includes new color combination display which gives a smooth look.
- Better camera options like easy zoom and superior image quality, no issues regarding the automatic update of downloading, and other previously installed applications, in earlier editions there was this issue with display of fault messages.
- Display and functional use of some application are updated, which include Google maps with 3 dimensional view and better map view.
Before we start with the installation procedure please go through the below given instructions carefully.
- This update is for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5560 only works with this model, so please ensure not to try this method on any other Samsung phone; else it will result in bricking the phone.
- Before you start with any of the steps, please make sure to have a back up of your phone data, backing up is storing and saving the contents of your phone data, this includes your contacts, messages, multimedia files, application files and call logs etc. These files can be backed up using android applications like Titanium back up and others. The simple and free of cost way to back up is by copying all the files and folders present in your phone device memory to your computer or the external SD card or you can back up by syncing with your Google account.
- But ensure to take out your SD card before you start installation process.
- Be prepared with the USB cable in handy, which was provided at the time of purchase.
- It is very important to check the battery charge on your device and make sure that your computer UPS can back up supply for at least 15 minutes, because any kind of battery or power interruption at any time during the process can cause severe damage by bricking your phone. So it’s safer if your device is sufficiently charged to an extent or 60% of battery.
- Make sure to check the Windows firewall programs are closed and disabled at the time of flashing, and also disable the antivirus software’s running on your computer when you download files because sometimes the antivirus tool blocks the installation of downloaded software’s.
- It is better to take out the SD card and SIM card from your phone after backing up all data.
- Connect your phone to the PC only if you have the administrator rights on it. If not sometimes the device may not be detected.
- Once you successfully install the firmware, call your service provider and get the internet settings done once again for internet access on your device, because all the previous APN settings will be deleted after updating.
NOTE: Gingerbread Firmware upgrade has nothing to do with your phone warranty unlike rooting, so this process doesn’t break the warranty of your phone and hence no need to worry about it.
Steps to install Gingerbread 2.3.3 to Samsung Galaxy Gio
- Download the complete Gingerbread 2.3.3 package to your computer, create a new folder and save so that it will be easy to locate, now extract the files from the downloaded zip folder, and after extracting you get six different files.
- Download Mode: To engage download mode on your Samsung Galaxy GioS5560, first switch of the phone, now press and hold VOLUME DECREASE button + HOME KEY (middle button), holding these two buttons press POWER button. Keep trying the same step till the phone displays an android robot inside yellow triangle working with a shovel
- Now open the file called Odin on your computer which is present in the extracted files. (in first step)
- Once it displays download mode on your device, connect the phone to your computer via USB cable, the ID: COM box in Odin tool should turn to yellow color after your phone is detected on your PC. This indicates that your device is ready for installation process.
- Now click on each tabs in ODIN (OPS, BOOT, Phone, PDA, CSC) one by one and select the files which you extracted in the exact order as shown in below table.
- After you browse and select the files for each tab once again cross check and verify that they are same as given in the table, now click on start, which starts the installation process and takes about 10 minutes to complete it.
- Once the installation completes you can see message called “PASS” in first block of Odin with blue color
- Unplug the USB cable and delete the unwanted files in cache memory by going to phones recovery mode. To access recovery mode, switch off the phone, now press and hold VOLUME INCREASE+MENU buttons, now press the POWER button.
In recovery mode you can see options to clear cache, navigate the option using volume buttons and use power button to select. After clearing cache select reboot system now. That’s it now you have successfully installed Gingerbread 2.3.3 on your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5560, to check the version of the firmware. Go to settings>> About Phone or type *#1234# in your phone which shows the firmware edition.