This tutorial will guide you on how to factory reset and hard reset Samsung Galaxy S device, sometimes many users face freezing of phone in between an application, slow processing etc. All these troubles depends upon how much and what kind of application are installed into their device, as we know not all application utilize minimal or same amount of memory when using on a phone, it depends on the size, functions and RAM required for its process, I’m just giving you a small example for slow running of phones. This is obvious that the more you use the device more applications and programs will be installed and are run on it. There are two ways which you can try to solve this problem, but it is just a simple method which may help if you are facing any faults in the device. Below given are step by step instructions, but let me tell you before you try any of the given steps make sure to back up all your application and data on your device and no need to worry about backing up your SD card storage because it does not erase external SD card memory, resetting your device only erases data stored in internal memory and all the values are set to default ie., your phone is turned into stock condition with all values set to default and all your data..
Below given procedure includes both factory reset and hard reset, first you try resetting to factory defaults and if that doesn’t help you our go with hard reset.
- Reset to factory defaults:
- Select SETTINGS from the application menu.
- Select PRIVACY.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Type the Password and confirm by selecting YES.
Finally this erases all data on your phone.
- Hard Reset of phone: Try this only if you face hang up and freezing problems on your device.
- First you have to Switch off the phone and in case you are not able to turn it off and it gets frozen, remove the back panel of your phone and take out the battery then again insert the battery after few seconds.
- Ok now once the phone is turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and press the POWER button till you get a screen display.
- Now you can see different options on display like; Fast recovery, Clear Storage and SIM lock.
- Now select the Clear Storage option, for navigating UP and DOWN you have to use the VOLUME UP and DOWN keys, for selection use the POWER button.
That’s it this will clear all the application data on your device, and once again it will be fresh after it automatically reboots.