Hewlett Packard, HP is based in America and it is a multinational information technology corporation. It is one of the top companies in the world and it is operating almost in all the countries. The company specializes in the developing and manufacturing of computing, networking hardware, data storage, delivering service and designing software. The company also manufactures the all-in-one devices. These devices are gaining more appeals from the consumers as they are very useful. The Photosmart Premium all-in-one devices are completely different from the Photosmart Premium eAll-in-one devices.
- Dimensions: 455 x 450 x 199 mm
- Weight: 7.7 kilograms
- Memory: 64 MB
- Print technology: HP Thermal inkjet
- Print Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi (black), 9600 x 2400 dpi (color)
- Duty cycle: 1250 pages
- Paper handling: 125 sheet input tray, 20 sheet photo tray, 50 sheet output tray
- Supported media types: paper(plain, inkjet, photo), transparencies, envelopes, labels and cards(greeting, index)
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanning Resolution: 1200 dpi
- Bit depth: 48 bit
- Copy resolution: 1200 optimized dpi (color and black)
- Copier resize: 25% to 400%
- Display: 10.9 cm with enhanced support to gestures
- Memory Cards supported: Memory Stick Duo, Multimedia Card, Secure Digital
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0
- Compatible operating systems: Windows 7, Windows XP 32 bit, Windows Vista and Mac OS X v10.5 and v10.6
- Contents: eAll-In-One device, HP Software CD, Black, Photo Black, Yellow, Magenta and Cyan Photosmart Ink Cartridges, power supply, reference guide, power cord, reusable accessory bag and reusable carrier bag
- Price: $255
The CN5038B has a complete black colored exterior with rounded corners. The top surface has a glossy texture while the bottom surface has a brushed plastic texture. There is a 4.3 inch display with support to enhanced gestures. The users can adjust this display to a particular angle that suits them. The sides of the display have some selection enables icons like home, back and cancel. The interface of the touch screen display is quite minimalistic in design. There is a power switch, a USB port and a memory card slot below the control panel. The interface is also not too complex. There are five icons at the top of the home screen. These icons are used to change the settings and check the status of the wireless connection and the ink. There is a row of favorite applications in the middle. The bottom has large icons for the print, scan and copy functions. The printer is easy to setup and also easy to use. The touch screen is unresponsive at times and it takes a long time to register the touches. Even the icons on the side of the touch screen are sometimes very slow. The memory card or USB stick photos can be directly printed from the medium using the interface to select the files that need to be printed.
The CN5038B has the wireless capabilities for the networking PCs and also has the ePrint feature. The printer has a own email address and the users can send PDF documents, photos or word documents to the printer. The printer receives these files in half a minute and prints the files. This ability is very useful as we can do any work from outside and send a copy to the printer to print it. The printer is capable of recognizing the file types automatically and using the paper accordingly. The printer also implements the AirPrint functionality of Apple for the iPad and iPhone and this process is very simple.
The machine has a couple of issues. Of these two issues one is very serious and systematic. The papers are fed using the automatic document feeder. This feeder makes them get skewed and they appear with tears and creases in them. The device uses the dye based ink for the front side cleverly as this dries quickly than the normal black ink which is pigmented. The printer has a speed of 11 ppm and 8 ppm for the black and color documents as per HP. The print quality varies with some spatter around the black text. This gives them a fuzzy appearance. The graphics are intense and strong. The colors are smoothly varies and are natural too.