Samsung galaxy mobile phones running on android 2.2 and higher versions enable you to use the device for Wi-Fi/USB tethering as portable hotspots. This feature allows you to share your phone network connection (internet) with other devices like computer and laptop. Sharing can be done via USB connection where your phone acts as internet modem or through wi-fi, for this the device which you are trying to connect must also have Wi-Fi feature on it. Here the phone acts as a wireless modem for othe Wi-Fi enabled devices. Now let’s see the steps and procedure use Wi-Fi tethering. Every step includes a screenshot to which you can refer to while set up.
- Select SETTING from the application menu.
- Select Wireless and Network.
- Now select Tethering and Portable hotspot.
- Here you can see USB tethering and Mobile AP settings. For USB Tethering you need to connect the phone to the device via USB cable so that you can enable data connection through it.
For wireless portable hotspot set up, select Mobile AP settings.
- Now select Configure Mobile AP for android Wi-Fi hotspots.
- To configure Mobile AP, Enter the network SSID select the security WPA2 PSK to set up the PASSWORD and click Save. Later to access the Wi-Fi data connection from other device you have to enter the password. This feature is for secured connectivity.
That’s it now your wireless hotspot will be available for other devices to access internet. While connecting make sure to enable Wi-Fi on both devices.