Here is a simple tutorial to use your phone power key to as end-call button. This set up can be very much helpful if you are using and android touch screen smart phone, as these phones usually don’t have a dedicated call end button. Many users will not know about this option to set the power button for the call ending operation, and let me tell you this feature proves to be much helpful if you are using Samsung Galaxy phone and the reason is these devices have the power button on the side panel and is much easier to use with your thumb.
Now let’s see the advantage of setting up this option on your device;
* This feature enables you to easily end the calls just by pressing the power button with your thumb and this is applicable if you have an habit of holding your phone in right hand, and in case if you are a lefty you can use your index finger with ease.
- One more benefit is that every time you receive a call and when its time for you to end it, you don’t need to look into your phone screen for the red colored END CALL display and then tap on it to terminate the call, you just have to press the POWER key once which ends the phone call comfortably.
Now let me guide you through the step by step procedure to turn on this feature on your device. You can also refer to the screen shots shown below in case of any difficulty while following the procedure.
- Select SETTINGS from application menu on your android device
- Once you open settings, scroll down and look for ACCESSIBILITY and select it.
- Now once you click on ACCESSIBILITY you can see a message displaying “no accessibility applications found” just ignore it and click cancel.
- Now you can see the POWER KEY ENDS CALL option, make sure you check this to enable it on your device. Don’t worry about your phone turning off by pressing POWER key, because this is a built in option available for these phone and I’m just giving you the steps on how to use it.
That’s it now you can easily end the phone calls by pressing power button on your phone, last but not least let me give you one more tip on how you can mute the ring tone of your phone when you receive a phone call, Lets say get a phone call which starts with loud ring tone, to make it silent just press the volume keys it may be either UP or DOWN, press it once and this will mute the ring tone sound of your phone.