Now rooting your Android phones which are running on Android gingerbread operating systems is simple and easy using the Gingerbreak tool and the rooting process is general and applies the same to most of the devices running on Android Gingerbread 2.3 OS. And this process cannot be assured to be working with all the different model of phones, of course there will be some problems and may not be working with all the available models. Let me give you a brief description on Gingerbreak and how it is used for rooting procedure? Gingerbreak is an .apk file a.k.a Android package file; this application can be downloaded and installed on your android phone in a normal manner, and its installation procedure similar to the other android market applications which you often install on your phone. Just you have to install it and run the app on your phone which is a pretty simple procedure.
Before you start with the Gingerbreak rooting steps, please make sure to follow the below given instructions.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone, Let me give you an example of how it is switch on Samsung Galaxy phones, Go to SETTINGS > > APPLICATIONS > > DEVELOPMENT > > USB debugging, and check it.
- Copy or download the file to your SD card.
- Make sure to install the app on the device memory and not in the SD card.
Steps to install the Android Gingerbreak to your Gingerbread 2.3.3 phone.
* Download Gingerbreak application.
- Once you download or copy the Gingerbreak v1.1.0.apk file to your device, install it into the device memory.
- After you open the application, as I gave you some of the instructions earlier, the app also displays messages, to make sure the following; to have an SD card mounted and USB debugging enabled, once you check with these two instructions, press OK.
- After this step you can see an option on the screen saying ROOT DEVICE, which runs the exploit and installs Superuser, so just click on Root device option to proceed further.
- The exploit takes up to 10 minutes but not any more than that.
- Once you are done with rooting, ignore any error message displayed and reboot the phone.
- Now check the menu and you can see an icon called Superuser. So once you see that you can be sure that, you have gained root access on your phone and not only that nut also ROM manager is allowed and flashing of Clockworkmod recovery at the same time.
That’s it now you have successfully gained superuser access on your phone by rooting it.