As the name of the plugin indicates, it will help you create a Contact form and hence avoid spam emails. I guess this plugin will be most useful for experienced bloggers. I don’t mean that using the plugin needs a lot of experience but will be useful for only those see some revenue. So for starters, it is not a mandatory use plugin.
Installing the Plugin:
Like any other plugin, you can download the .RAR file of Contact form 7 from the WordPress plugin page, extract it and upload it to the wp-content à Plugin folder by logging in as admin. Go to your admin page in WordPress and activate the plugin. On the other hand, you can install the plugin directly from your admin page by searching there. Contact form 7 doesn’t work like any other plugin after activating. You will have to make some setting in order for it to work. You can make use of the Captcha plugin called “Really simple Captcha” to make it most useful.
Configure the Plugin:
Once you have the installed and activated both the plugins, go to the activate plugins page and search for the Contact Form 7. In most cases, you will find an option called setting just below it. On the other case, you can reach there through the tools option.
1. Just right to some HTML coding, you will see the Generate Tag option with a drop down arrow. Click on it and select CAPTCHA.
2. Copy the two codes that appear in brown color and paste them in the HTML code to the left. Just above the <submit “Send”> tag as shown below.
3. At the top, you will find another code highlighted in brown color which you need to copy in a Notepad. It will be useful in future which I have explained below.
4. Enter your e-mail address to receive mails and save it.
5. Just below the Posts, Media and Links option, you will find the Page option. Choose Add New. Give the title as you wish like Contact form, Contact details etc. In the content part, paste the code that you previously copied to Notepad and then publish it.
6. Go to your blog and now you will find a Contact option. Visitors can now click on it and try contacting you.