Chainfire 3D is an android app tool which plays a main role in between your phone processor graphics and the game applications that you install and use on your phone. With this driver installed on your phone you can play Tegra Zone games on your non-Tegra android phones. The main function of this Chainfire 3D is to connect the configuration in between the graphic compatibilities of the device and the application installed on it. This tool supports your phone by adding plugins which can make your device compatible with tegra zone games.
Please read the instructions given below, before you start downloading this app and using it on your phone.
- Chainfire 3D free tool is only available for Android phones running on version 2.1 and above but is not compatible with Honeycomb.
- This tool enhances the graphical functionalities only with addition of extended plugins.
- Chainfire Open GL driver is only for devices with 1 GHz processor or more than it.
- Before you install this driver on your phone make sure that you have rooted your phone and you have superuser access on it.
Features include reducing texture size and quality to reduce memory use and potentially increase game performance, as well as increasing memory use potentially increase performance.
Make sure to follow the instructions properly, if not the process can result in bricking your phone. Let us see the steps on how to install Chainfire 3D and the additional plugins.
- Once you are ready with your device rooted, download the Chainfire 3D from android market and install it on your phone.
- Download the complete plugin packages which are essential for Chainfire 3d to enable tegrazone games on your android phone.
- Extract the downloaded files and copy libGLEMU_NVIDIA.zip file to your device’s SD card. And make you copy it to SD card as it is without extracting the file contents.
- Now open chainfire 3D on your phone and select CF3D driver and install it. As soon as the installation completes your device reboots.
- After rebooting launch the chainfire 3D app again and select the option install the plugin.
- The app will automatically scans your SD card for plugins which you copied. Select libGLEMU_NVIDIA from the menu.
- Now Go back to the main menu and select DEFAULT OPEN GL SETTINGS > > > USE PLUGIN > > NVIDIA.
That’s it, now this will support your device to play Tegra zone games which was not possible earlier without Chainfire 3D. So now you can access games by selecting FIX MARKET SETTINGS option which can be seen in main menu, this allows you to download Tegra zone games and play on your phone.
Chainfire3D has been tested on:
- HTC HD2
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7″
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Epic 4G
- Motorola Atrix 4G
- Motorola Droid 2
- LG Optimus 2X
- Google Nexus S
About This App
Updated: May 19, 2011
Current Version: 1.7
Requires Android: 2.1 – 2.3.3
Installs: 10,000 – 50,000
Content Rating: High Maturity