All-in-One Seo is one WordPress plugin that everyone should use in their blogs. The plugin will help improve the page ranking in search engines drastically. Here is an article on how to use the plugin and some good settings which I use for my blog and saw some good results.
Installing the plugin:
Just like any other plugin, just download the .rar file of the plugin from the WordPress plugin page. Extract the file and upload it to the wp-plugin folder by logging in as admin in your WordPress account. Now go to your WordPress account and activate the plugin. As soon as you activate the plugin, you will see a message as “go to the admin page and configure the plugin”. This step is very much important because if you don’t do it then the plugin will do nothing.
Configure the plugin:
1. Check the enable button which by default will be disabled.
2. The next option you will see is Home title followed by a box in which you have to enter details. The content you enter here will be displayed on top of your blog. Make it short and crisp to gain better results.
3. Then comes the home description: You will have to enter some description about your blog. When people happen to visit you blog when using search engines, they can gain some idea what your blog is all about.
4. Home keywords are of least important. Yet it is better you enter some keywords. Input as less keywords as you can, yet they should be able to denote the user the key things about your blog.
5. If you don’t have any idea why Canonical URL then here it is. Usually there will be different URL generated for a web page like xxx.com, www.xxx.com, www.xxx.comindex.html, etc. Search engines like Google choose only one URL which they guess to be correct. The thing is they might be wrong and it is better to select one on your own. Enabling the Canonical URL option will generate a Canonical URL one its own and thus reduces your strain.
6. Check the Rewrite Titles option so that you can manually write titles for each of your post. I suggest you go with different titles for each page rather than the same home title for all the pages.
7. Remove the blog title part in each of the formats below as I’ve shown the picture below. People usually know what they are blog they are in and it might be annoying displaying the blog title in each and every page at the title bar.
8. Categories for META keywords: It is better to turn this option OFF. I always prefer including keywords on my own as I know what are the important keywords for an article and I suggest you do the same.
9. Keep the Dynamically Generate keywords ON because it will specify you with keywords when writing a post.
10. Use noindex for Categories: It will be turned OFF by default but it is better you check it. If it is unchecked, search engines like Google will not rank the Category pages.
11. The remaining options are good to be left as they are.
12. Click on Update options one you are done with all the above.
Whenever you post an article you will see the all-in-seo section underneath where you can specify title for each post, give a description and include some keywords. This is the most important part and you have to do that. It will help improve the page ranking in Search engines.