It’s now possible for you to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 aka GT I9100 to latest Gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware upgrade, which allows you to get new look and many new features and, faster processing speed.
Before we start with this procedure, make sure to back up all your phone data, remove the SIM card and SD card, check the phone battery and further charge it if it is less than 50%, and remember, firmware upgrade and rooting process are completely different from one another. No need to worry about the warranty of your phone, because firmware flashing has nothing to do with warranty of your device so there is no chance for warranty break.
Now let me walk you through the different steps on how to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100, with Gingerbread 2.3.3.
- Download the Firmware package zip file to your PC, extract it.
- Open Odin 3 tool on your PC.
- Now switch your phone to Downloading mode. To enter download mode on your Samsung Galaxy S2, First SWITCH OFF the phone, now press and hold VOLUME DOWN BUTTON+MIDDLE BUTTON+POWER BUTTON. After few second it enters download mode, which is displayed on the screen.
- Now connect the phone to your PC via the USB cable, provided at the time of purchase.
- Now once you have connected the phone, you can see the Odin 3 tool which you opened on your PC with different tabs. Now browse and select the exact files which are shown below in PIT and PDA tabs. These files are the contents of the zip file which you downloaded in the first step.
PIT – EXT4.pit
PDA – I9100XWKDD_I9100XXKDH_I9100OXXKDC_HOME (zip file)
6. That’s it only make changes with the above shown two tabs, don’t make any other alterations in the Odin 3 window. Click on START, before that once again make sure that you have selected the correct files as shown above in the two fields (PIT and PDA).
7. After you click on START, the flashing process starts and once it finishes your phone automatically reboots and now it’s upgraded successfully to Gingerbread 2.3.3 (XWKDD) version.
8. Now unplug the data cable from your phone, and to verify the updated version. Open the keypad and type the code *#1234#, this displays the updated version.
That’s it now your Samsung Galaxy S2 is successfully upgraded with latest Gingerbread 2.3.3 edition.