In this tutorial we will guide you through the exact procedure on how to install your Samsung Galaxy tab with latest Gingerbread 2.3.3. This upgrade on your tab helps you to access new features and gives a new look to it, it also adds up with Android OS updated feature for the different application you use. Before we start with the flashing procedure, there are some important instructions I would like to give. First of all make sure that your device model number is P1000, because this firmware upgrade is only available and works for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 version. Please don’t try these flashing steps on any other Samsung Tab or Samsung smart phones because this may result in bricking the device and at any point of time we are not responsible for the damage, whatever you try and flash with your phone is on your own risk. Below given are some of the important instructions which you need to follow before you start with flashing procedure.
Pre- process instructions:
- Before you start with any of the firmware flashing steps, please make sure to have a back up of your phone data, backing up is storing and saving the contents of your phone data, this includes your contacts, messages, multimedia files, application files and call logs etc. These files can be backed up using few android applications like Titanium back up and others. The simple and free of cost way to back up is by copying all the files and folders present in your phone device memory to your computer or the external SD card.
- But ensure to take out your SD card while installation of this Gingerbread firmware.
- Be prepared with the USB cable in handy, which was provided at the time of purchase.
- It is very important to check the battery charge on your device and make sure that your computer UPS can back up supply for at least 15 minutes, because any kind of battery or power interruption at any time while flashing the firmware can cause severe damage by bricking your phone. So it’s better if your device is sufficiently charged to an extent or 60% of battery.
- Latest firmware flashing is a process where all the previous OS contents are erased and new root files are freshly installed, so it is better to take out the SD card and SIM card from your phone after backing all data.
- Make sure your PC is running on windows based operating systems, or else the firmware flashing tool may not install on your PC and will result in failure.
- Ensure to have all the windows Firewall and antivirus programs disabled on your computer. Connect your phone to the PC only if you have the administrator rights on it. If not sometimes the device may not be detected.
NOTE: Firmware flashing and Rooting process are completely different in terms of warranty break, So no need to worry as we are only flashing firmware, which doesn’t void the warranty of your device with the manufacturer. But rooting your phone breaks warranty.
Please note that updating with this firmware doesn’t mean that you have rooted your phone or lost the warranty as updating with the firmware is completely different from rooting the Samsung Galaxy Ace.
After firmware update, call your service provider and set up all the APN settings to access internet.
Steps to Flash your Samsung Galaxy tab P1000 with Gingerbread 2.3.3.
- Download the complete Gingerbread firmware package with boot loaders to your computer.
- Download Odin 1.7 tool to your computer.
- Download the PIT file and dbdata file .
- Once you complete downloading all the files, copy it to a separate folder on your desktop or and place in your computer hard disk so that it’s easy to access while browsing the files.
- Now once you copy, extract all the downloaded zip files into the same folder.
- Now open the Odin tool on your PC which you downloaded in the second step.
- Now switch your Galaxy tab to download mode; to do this, First switch of the Tab, Now press and hold the POWER button + VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously for few seconds.
- Now connect your tab via USB cable to your PC. If your tab is detected the ID: COM block in Odin tool should turn yellow.
- Now make sure you check RE-PARTITION option in Odin tool, after this click on PDA tab, now browse and select main firmware.tar file which you extracted earlier.
- Now click on PIT, browse and select extracted.pit file. That’s it make only the changes mentioned in these steps and don’t make any other alterations on your own.
- Now click the start button, which automatically starts flashing firmware. After the installation process completes, unplug the USB cable from your Tab, now switch the Samsung Galaxy Tab to download mode once again (For download mode refer step 7).
- Connect to PC via USB, now uncheck the Re- Partition option, Click on PDA tab, now browse and select dbdata.tar file. And click start for flashing the file.
After finishing installation, switch the Tab to Recovery Mode; Press and hold VOLUME UP+ POWER button. Select wipe cache, after that wipe data/ factory reset. To do this use volume buttons to navigate up and down.
At last select reboot, That’s it now your Tab is upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.3 OS.