Acidity problem has become more common now-a-days and it is mainly due to the excessive secretion of the hydrochloric acid in the stomach region. If it is left untreated for a long time, it causes serious problems like gout, arthritis, chronic indigestion, and ulcers.
Acidity is more common in those who are much exposed to emotions and nervous feelings and it is most observed in individuals those who stay in industrialized and developed areas.
Symptoms of Acidity
1) Discomfort, a sensation of burning in the upper tract of the gut region especially after you consume spicy and heavy foods
2) Heartburn and Dyspepsia
3) Flatulence accompanied by burping
4) Vomiting and Nausea
5) Loss of appetite
Causes of Acidity
1) Acidity is mainly caused due to the bad eating habits. Eating spicy and processed fried foods all the time puts excess pressure on stomach, liver and kidneys which causes over secretion of the gastric juices thus leading to acidity.
2) Eating the food rapidly causes improper salivation of food in the mouth as a result the food finds acute shortage of saliva which is needed for proper and complete digestion.
3) Acidity is also caused due to medical conditions such as stomach ulcers and gastoesophageal reflux diseases (GERD).
4) Excess secretion of hormones by the thyroid glands causes acidity indirectly and the condition is known as “Hyperthyroidism”.
5) Mental conditions such as stress, anger and anxiety causes Acidity.
6) Drinking stimulants such as coffee, tea, alcohol etc causes acidity.
7) Health problems like constipation, flatulence, gases that are liberated in intestinal tracks leads to Acidity.
8) Unhealthy personal habits like smoking, lack of exercises, tendency of eating meals along with artificial drinks together causes acidity.
9) Finally, acidity can also be due to the long gaps in between the two consecutive meals, this result in secretion of the acid in the stomach that finds no food to get react with it and thus causes Acidity.
1) Most of the people go for antacids that neutralize acids in the stomach, thus relieving you from the burning sensation.
One of the other alternatives is taking acid suppressants that reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
2) Avoid junk foods and packaged foods that are rich in calories since it may find difficulty in getting completely digested in the stomach. Artificially ripened fruits and vegetables that are kept in the cold storages are not best suited for eating, they cause acidity in many.
3) Avoid spicy and heavy meals, it puts excess celebrity news load on stomach, it finds difficulty to carry on the proper digestion. Such foods also harm the health of bones and teeth too.
4) Having cold drinks and beverages after the meals should be avoided since they dilute the enzymes in the stomach that are liberated for the purpose of digestion of the food thus causing improper digestion and acidity.
5) Stop smoking, alcoholism and drinking coffee, tea etc because the nicotine content and the caffeine present in coffee are very much harmful for the overall health.
6) It is good to have coconut water, cucumber juice, and fresh water melon and think skinned lemons which are less acidic are very much beneficial in keeping acidity in control.
7) Drink plenty of water, not only it flushes out the toxin but also aids proper digestion. It makes you hungry and eat only whenever you feel hungry since the acids are liberated in only such conditions.
8) Having green vegetables that contain Vitamin B, Vitamin E is known to eliminate the excess acid content present in the stomach.
9) Physical activities, exercises are the great ways of eliminating acidity along with the proper food habits and healthy lifestyles. Excess acids and toxins are flushed out through urine and sweat when you get involved in physical activities.
10) Since, stress also plays a vital role in causing acidity, it needs to be controlled by following some stress relieving techniques like yoga, meditations, aerobics etc.